Thursday, January 7, 2010

Featured Lady -- Lana Smith

Hi, Fire Ladies...I will be doing the blog this year, and thought I'd introduce myself with Jenny's "Featured Lady" questionnaire. If any of you haven't done this yet either, please send me your answers to the questions below. Also, contact me with CCFD Ladies Auxiliary info that needs to be posted on the blog.

1) Full names: Lana Smith and Lana Jordan
2) Nickname: Mama Lana
3) Where are you from? I grew up in Texas -- Austin & Lubbock.
4) How did you meet your spouse/significant other? Santa brought him to me for Christmas. (I was working as a Santa's helper in the mall and he was working at a seasonal toy store nearby. That was the best Santa could do since Jordan wouldn't fit down the chimney.)
5) How long have you been together? 20 years
6) Do you have any children? Yes, a son (18) and a daughter (16).
7) What are some of your favorite hobbies? Hmmm...does dessert count as a hobby? How about pastimes? Okay, then reading...and listening to books on CD w/my daughter, who brings me cookies and milk. :0)
8) What are some of your talents? Writing. I've authored and published several books; my latest is called Whose Ears Are Whose? (a rhyming picture book). My pseudonym is Lana Jordan, and people who know me professionally are always confused when I introduce my husband:
Jordan Jordan?
9) What's something about yourself that most people probably wouldn't know? I speak fluent Serbo-Croatian.
10) What's your favorite color? different shades of purple
11) Describe yourself in ONE word? believer
12) Where do you work? SUU
13) What is your favorite restaurant? Who can choose only one? Hmmm...Olive Garden is probably my overall favorite (sausage soup & pasta). But locally, I like Costa Vida (raspberry chipotle chicken salad) and Chili's (paradise pie) and the Pizza Factory (pesto & angel's hair) and the Garden House (stuffed salmon) and the Ninja (the hibachi table). It's too hard to pick one, really. I just love good food!! Mmm-mmmmm.
14) What is your dream vacation? I'd like to take an Alaskan cruise someday and go salmon fishing (preferably without having to fight the grizzlies for the fish, although it would be fun to see them from a safe distance).
15) What's your favorite game? Boggle...or most word games. I added this question because my daughter and I were playing Boggle marathons over the Christmas holidays.

2 comments:

Fire said...

What kind of language is Serbo Croatian? Never heard of it. I think Jan 20 at the Ladies night you should demonstrate that language so we can all hear it, sounds interesting.

Travis and Christy said...

Thanks for taking care of the blog. I was glad to see that you posted the "featured lady" information about you.